pan-users

[Pan-users] trouble extracting binaries

From: panusers
Subject: [Pan-users] trouble extracting binaries
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:32:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all

I've had this trouble before, but not until now did I determine what it
was.

Seems that 99% of the binaries posted have the filename in double
quotes... example:

CHANGING LANES (CTP) - CD1 PAR FILES - "ctp-cl1.p01" (01_24)

This extracts fine, names the file ctp-cl1.p01

However, some binaries (probably improperly posted) come as:

CHANGING LANES (CTP) - Day 2 of 3 - ctp-cl1.rar (01_33)

and extract to the same exact name, which, even when renamed, is
unextractable by rar.

I think this is something that only the newsreader can fix, but am
unsure...

Any suggestions would be appreciated, currently 1.2 gig of unusable
rarlike files :(