pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New Features

From: Chris Petersen
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New Features
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:13:37 -0700 (PDT)

> (2) If my server allows several connactions at the
> same time (and most servers do) I should like to be
> given control how the threading of the downloads is
> organized. (I do not understand how the threading
> works at the moment.)

There was considerable discussion for awhile about this, too..  but then
it stopped.  The general consesus seemed to be for the ability to
auto-sort tasks by article date (ie. download the oldest ones first) and
then for some way to allow the user to manage priorities (allow "get new
headers" to fall into reserve, etc)..  Or my preference to just let pan
auto-pause/unpause downloads as higher-priority tasks appear (thus
eliminating the need for a reserve slot altogether).  Personally, I'm
still interested in keeping this topic open, as the download threading is
one of pan's more important features.

Or maybe I'm not understanding your question.

> (3) It would be nice if the task manager window
> contained those files that have been downloaded like
> in Gravity. Sometimes I download a file but forget the
> newsgroup.

Why not just set up a different download folder for that newsgroup?
Personally, I file my stuff away into places like !/News/Music,
~/News/Movies, etc.