pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New features

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New features
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:40:57 -0500

> I have to concurr here.  I've been VERY annoyed at control-A in pan being
> a break from what is essentially a standard...  (on that note, is there
> even a "select all" command in Pan?  If not, it would be nice to have one
> in the threads pane so I could do selectall-delete - since I'd rather
> delete than mark-as-read on most things)

there is a 'select all', and a 'delete all' menu option. I do not believe
either of them have a default keybinding at the moment (they used to, but
these things change. ;>)

however:
- if you want to bind 'select all' to ctrl+a; just move your cursor over the
  menu option, and then hit the keystrokes you wish to bind to it. (this
  should work for most GTK apps, btw).
- the 'delete all' option causes my copy of pan (debian 0.11.3) to crash on
  a regular basis. :( usually it manifests as the GUI locking up, but queued
  download tasks continuing in the background. (one reason I'm looking
  forward to a separate downloader task that the GUI can attach to/detach
  from). I'll wait for a new version of pan to be released before I complain
  about this, since I know 0.11.3 isn't really current anymore.

YMMV. :)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer