pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Space reading

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Space reading
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:19:15 -0500

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:00:37AM -0400, Sam Solon wrote:
> The current implementation of space reading really drives me crazy. When
> there's a long article I end up typing space, space, space, space,
> space, and usually overshoot the end of the article right into the next
> one.

I agree, this is poor UI design. I use PgUp/PgDn or the scrollwheel to go
through articles myself, and didn't know about the <space> key; but it does
seem like a poor idea. it's too easy to reach the end of an article, not
realize it, hit the <space> bar again, and end up in the next article.

I think there shouldn't even be an option for it; it just shouldn't do that.
As I've heard the KDE people say; if there's an option to change it, it's
probably not right to begin with.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer