pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] download all headers and all bodies in all subscribed gr

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] download all headers and all bodies in all subscribed groups
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 06:39:59 -0700

>>> I think a 'syncronise' option would be handy - especially for laptop
>>> users (like me) who are on the move.

I don't think a 'synchronize' button would be much more convenient than
"b,shift-a".  It's a matter of perception, I think -- similar to the
people who believe Pan is hard because it doesn't have a big toolbar.

>>> Perhaps it may be easier if I used a background script running a news
>>> reader and pipe that in to Pan?  Perhaps I can write a script for that?

Right now the plan is to start on a cronable Pan (panpull? ;) after 0.12.0
is released... so this is in the works.

> But doesn't that just download the headers?  I have found the past that
> not all bodies were downloaded for some reason.
>
> Even if I select 'download bodies' it still seems to only download the
> headers.

What version of Pan are you using?
"Get New Headers and Bodies" works for me in 0.11.93.
That awful "get bodies too" checkmark is gone in the newer releases.

cheers,
Charles