pan-users

[Pan-users] pan-0.11.94, configure problem

From: Jean Ribiere
Subject: [Pan-users] pan-0.11.94, configure problem
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:21:45 +0200

When I run ./configure I get the following error :
checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft,
char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking preferred charset formats for system iconv... not found
configure: error:
        *** The iconv-detect program was unable to determine the
        *** preferred charset formats recognized by your system
        *** iconv library. It is suggested that you install a
        *** working iconv library such as the one found at
        *** ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv

In fact I have the latest version of libiconv installed on my PC.

If I do :

  export LDFLAGS=-liconv
  ./configure --prefix=/usr

all things are running well.

So I suppose a parameter "-liconv" is missing in the configure file.