pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Shortcut keys?

From: gaw zay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Shortcut keys?
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:18:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, DevilKin wrote:

> On Thursday 20 June 2002 13:01, DevilKin wrote:
> > > 1. Is it possible (as it was in gnome 1.x pan) to set the keyboard
> > > shortcuts to whatever you want?

yes

> > > 2. Where did 'get new headers (and bodies) in all subscribed groups' go?
> > > I used this always to sync news in all my newsgroups. Now it seems that
> > > i'd have to do ctrl-a (select all) shift-a (get all headers and
> > > bodies)...

I think charles declared this not useful enough. It would be sort of
interesting if there was a pan scripting language so you could have
custom menu entries and keybindings, or macros to run multiple commands
sequentially, but that's easy to say since I'm not coding it.

> > > 4. Is it possible to take the 'old font layout' of pan to the newer
> > > versions? The new pan had horrible font selection out of hte box...

this is a gtk2 thing not pan (afaik) as to a fix or whatever, I don't
know. Do it manually.

> > > 5. Can one change the font size of the menus/dialog boxes in pan? It's
> > > awfully small on my system.
> > 6. Replies don't always seem to contain the text of the previous post.

I have noticed this to. sometimes it's because you have accidently
highlighted a small amount of white space in a post, btw.

> 7. Just noticed that pan, when doing ctrl-g (select all groups) ctrl-alt-m
> (mark read), seems to go over each group seperately, and it takes _a lot_
> longer than in gnome 1.x pan.

define a lot. I don't do this so I have no idea.

there is a more formal bug reporting system off the main page btw.

pan.rebelbase.com

brian
--
Never be afraid to tell the world who you are.
             -- Anonymous