pan-users

[Pan-users] CVS HEAD heads-up

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-users] CVS HEAD heads-up
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:08:25 -0700

I've just landed some big and unfinished changes into CVS HEAD.  It's been
sitting on my computer for a week, and now that pan-0-12-fix is branched I
feel safer committing this, even if it's not done yet.

The good news:

  * tasks are now saved when you exit Pan & restored when you restart
  * viewing multipart articles works now, Pan used to just show the first part
  * the memory penalty for queueing decodes in multiple newsgroups is gone
  * you no longer have to parse pan.sent and pan.sendlater mboxes for each post

The bad news:

  * posting is broken
  * folders are broken
  * reading some articles is broken

In other words, you probably don't want to use this yet. :)

I'll post another heads-up when CVS HEAD is less shaky...

cheers,
Charles