pan-users

[Pan-users] clarification needed on wildcard group specification in rule

From: bergman
Subject: [Pan-users] clarification needed on wildcard group specification in rule dialog
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:39:08 +0200

It's unclear to me whether the wildcard specification of groups in the "Rules"
dialog allows the listing of wildcards that are Boolean OR'ed together. For
example, would the specification:
        *bork* *rhodes*
match both:
        alt.bork.bork
        alt.dave.rhodes
or would it only match something like:
        alt.bork.kibo.rhodes

If I wanted to group various filters in a single rule, and have that applied to
various newsgroups whose names do not match a single narrow regex, is that
possible, or are multiple rules required, each calling the same filters on a
different set of newsgroups?
----
Mark Bergman