pan-users

[Pan-users] more .12 issues...

From: Chris Petersen
Subject: [Pan-users] more .12 issues...
Date: 02 Jul 2002 17:14:27 -0700

ok, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to .12 (I really need to
figure out how to change my theme in gtk2 until someone releases some
gnome2 rpm's)..  Anyway, a couple of weirdnesses:

Turn ON the "click selects, not loads" option by default. Single clicks
should ONLY activate buttons, never lists.

arrow keys no longer navigate the selection in the current pane, they
ONLY affect the articles pane.  Again, this is very annoying (I often
like to select many groups before doing a control-shift-del on them).

selecting items with shift-arrow is weird.  hold down shift and press an
up/down arrow key and hold it, and you get a big selection.  opps, went
too far, press the other direction.  at this point, your selection
SHOULD back up one space or so, but instead, it treats the current
position as a NEW selection anchor and starts a new selection (negating
the old one) going in the new direction.  Please make sure that with a
selection, the previous state stays the same.  Thus, if I hold down
shift, press some arrows, release shift, press it again and then click,
the click should continue off exactly from where the selection was
before, not as if it was a new selection (now, it currently does a bunch
of different things).  Same goes for arrow keys.  I'm pretty sure that
this used to work fine in .11.3

holding down delete is still weird (I reported this bug, though probably
never filed it - I'm lazy, for .11.3).  In an article list, it should
start with the article that's currently selected, delete it, and move on
to the next one.  The way it works, however, is to start at the selected
article, and then seemingly jump around, skipping over some articles,
and at other times, backing up before the original selection point, only
to jump down over a bunch of them a second later.

anyway, very annoying.  I'm sure there are more, but I'm headed back to
.11.3 where I know everything (well, most things) work.

-Chris