pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] broken gnome stuff

From: John LeMay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] broken gnome stuff
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 22:14:52 -0400 (EDT)

Probably in the gnome config tool or in nautilus' prefs.

Now I'm going to go OT for a bit. I need some help and I don't know where
to look for an answer. I downed my Mandrake 8.2 box on Sunday. I changed
dns servers and moved my file server's physical location. Both my machine
and the server know about the new dns server. No ip changes (except for
the ip address in resolv.conf).

However, when I brought my machine back up Gnome starts but Nautilus does
not. I can't start gnomecc or galeon either. All these apps show up if I
ps -ef, but they never appear and nautilus never draws the desktop.

I've removed from ~/ Nautilus, .nautilus, and .gnome*, but that hasn't
helped. If I su to root, all of the above apps run. If I switch to another
user account all of these apps run.

Anyone have any ideas on what may have gotten hosed or how to fix it?

thanks!

John LeMay
Senior Consultant
NJMC, LLC.