pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] broken gnome stuff

From: K. Haley
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] broken gnome stuff
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:36:42 -0600

On 07.06.2002 14:43 Jeff Vian wrote:
I recently upgraded pan to 0.12.0
-
Of course I had to upgrade all the supporting libraries as well in order to get it to compile.
-

1. The gnome desktop now does not have the names under the icons. At the same time, when I launch nautilus, the icon view does not have the names under the folders nor files either. In list view nautilus does display the names.

This is a problem with Freetype. Here is the best way to fix it assuming you have 2.1.2 installed:

1) get the source (rpm or tar ball) for 2.1.2
2) configure
3) add the following 2 functions to src/base/ftapi.c

FT_Get_Short( FT_Stream stream)
{
        return FT_Stream_GetShort(stream);
}
FT_BASE( FT_Long)
FT_Get_Long( FT_Stream stream)
{
        return FT_Stream_GetLong(stream);
}

4) compile with "make single", DO NOT use the standard make, it's broken these compatibility functions won't be exported
5) copy objs/.libs/libfreetype.so.6.3.1 over the existing one

--
Where did all the programmers go?

K. Haley <address@hidden>