pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Dynamic Signatures now supported in CVS HEAD

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Dynamic Signatures now supported in CVS HEAD
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:05:47 -0700

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 04:01:03PM +0100, Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 07:11:44 -0700
> Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> | By popular demand on pan-users, Pan now supports dynamic signature
> | files. If the users' sig file has the executable bit set, Pan tries to
> | run the file and use its output as a signature.  Otherwise, Pan reads
> | the file in as normal.
>
> Yay! I might have a look and see if I can hack in a way to pass paramenters
> this evening :-)

It pulls arguments from the filename field.

So, for example, this snippet from my profiles.xml file works:

        <profile name="Charles Kerr &lt;address@hidden&gt;">
                <author_real>Charles Kerr</author_real>
                <author_addr>address@hidden</author_addr>
                <signature>/usr/games/fortune -s
/usr/share/games/fortune/wisdom</signature>
                <attribution>On %d, %n wrote:</attribution>
        </profile>

cheers,
Charles