pan-users

[OT] Content-type=text/garbled ;) - Re: [Pan-users] A very quick questio

From: Wolf J . Flywheel
Subject: [OT] Content-type=text/garbled ;) - Re: [Pan-users] A very quick question.
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 08:05:11 -0400

On Saturday 27 July 2002 08:02, Devilkin wrote:

> On Saturday 27 July 2002 01:23, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:

> > BTW what's adding the ='s and =20's to some of these posts?

> Dunno, they're definitely not from my client.
>
> DK

        Ok, I was going to ignore this little sub-thread, but the altered text
is beginning to annoy me, especially when things are changed so that my
view of a message says, "Mvchten Sie mit einem Gru_ antworten?" -- but
viewing the raw content shows "Möchten... Gruß..." as it should be.

        DK, looking at the content of your message shows this:

> BTW what's adding the =3D's and =3D20's to some of these posts?

Dunno, they're definitely not from my client.

DK

- --=20
One good reason...

        I suppose I should choose my random samples better.  Examining the
headers of the other "mangled" message shows, "X-Mailer: KMail [version
1.4]".  Now I'm beginning to suspect it has to do with either the mailer
or "quoted-printable" encoding.  BTW, my KMail calls itself version 1.3.1
and there is no obvious configuration setting that would disable
"quoted-printable" usage.  (Examing my own posts, however, I do not see
any funky encodings.)

        I suppose I have to lean toward the possibility that KMail 1.4.x *does*
do this by default.  If so, I hope there is a way to turn it off... I
suppose I'll find out whenever I get the time to install KDE 3.  :)

        Hm... if this is now a KMail discussion, I think we should move replies
off the list.  Possible Qt front-ends for Pan aside, I can't think how
the two could be connected.  ;)

- --
// Carl Hudkins :: ICQ 5723399 :: PGP 50238D9E
//
// "When two hydrogen atoms love each other very much,
//  they bond with an oxygen atom..."  --Trance Gemini, Andromeda