pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] default browser

From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] default browser
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:50:33 -0500

> So how about mozilla then?

how about a simple compile-time/install-time/startup/whenever generated list of
available browsers? have pan check for konqeror, galeon, mozilla, netscape,
dillo, opera, skipstone, 'screen lynx', whatever, and present that as a list
of options, in the configuration tool.

obviously its not something we want to do regularly; but how about we check
to see if ~/.pan/default-browser exists; and if not, prompt the user? (tho
this stinks of MS's annoying dialogs that pop up at unwanted moments).

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises