pan-users

RE: [Pan-users] Why doesn't Pan download articles?

From: Zorrox
Subject: RE: [Pan-users] Why doesn't Pan download articles?
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 13:17:36 -0700

Well... I had the machine turned off for two days and now it's obliging
me by downloading all article bodies for all newsgroups. I'd still like
to know how this behavior I've seen it possible...

Also, I've noticed some articles that I've seen are gone, and some are
not. I have the cache set to 1g, and it's not nearly full.

Also, on some of the newsgroups, Pan automatically marks them all as
having been seen as soon as I open that newsgroup. Others get marked as
seen only when I actually click on an article. I've never touched any
settings that Pan might have regarding automatically setting articles as
seen...

I'm just a bit baffled by Pan, it seems to be sort of on autopilot as
far as how it behaves.