pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] intltool

From: Huub Reuver
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] intltool
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 05:52:30 +0200

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 06:59:40PM +0200, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> Yo people,
>
> it's been a long time since I compiled Pan from cvs (shame on me). I think
> there's a small prob with the autogen script (there must be). I'll let the
> output speak for itself.
>
> checking for intltool >= 0.21... 0.18 found. Your intltool is too old.  You
> need intltool 0.21 or later.
> address@hidden:~/build/pan-cvs/pan$ dpkg -l | grep intl
> ii  intltool       0.22-1         utility scripts and assorted auto magic for
> address@hidden:~/build/pan-cvs/pan$

Do a "find /usr -name "intltool-*" on your system, check your path and
perhaps /etc/ld.so.conf. The first intltool found is an old one.

It sounds like a debian with a updated source from intltool under
/usr/local, while the main tree is updated to 0.12.

If correctly installed you should get:
$ intltool-update --version
intltool-update (intltool) 0.22
$ dpkg -l intltool
ii  intltool       0.22-1         utility scripts and assorted auto magic for

I just got my first CVS-version of pan running after what seems like ages.
The same problems as you have happened to me from my last attempt a few
months ago. I still should clean up /usr/local some more.

With regards,
Huub Reuver