pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.0.92 "What's the saga?"

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.0.92 "What's the saga?"
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:42:08 -0700

On Monday 07 October 2002 17:31, John LeMay wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Duncan wrote:
> > FWIW, on Mdk 9/Cooker, I loaded the RH 7.3 i686 "nospell" RPM just fine.
> > The spelling version would crash on attempt to reply to anything.  I had
> > it
>
> Sounds like exactly the problem I'm having with 8.2 with some cooker or
> 9.0 packages. There is a bug report filed on bugzilla about it.

Yes.  I know.  I've been following the developments with some interest, but
really had no additional data to add, so haven't.  In fact, although I'd seen
the bugzilla listings, I hadn't known for sure whether they applied to me or
not until I did the .92 PAN upgrade, since b4 that I had used the .0 cooker
build w/o spell checking, and wasn't sure whether the .91 RPM I used had it
enable or not.  Anyway... no spell checking for me (and it seems you) until
someone can do some trouble shooting and figure it out...

BTW, I tried CVS as well, but am missing something somewhere...  I installed
the new prereq's as far as I could figure them, but ended up with an error
something about running something to reset the paths in some config, which I
tried, but it didn't help.  It doesn't help that this was my first CVS (both
w/ PAN and in general) attempt, so I'm not exactly sure what I am doing w/
CVS, either.  Perhaps the error is related, and fixing the one will fix, or
at least give a clue on, the other.  However, I haven't had time to pursue
that further, either.

Have you tried CVS?  What errors do you get, if any?  I'm about to go to work,
now, but can try here again later, and post my specific errors, if comparing
notes there might help.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin