pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.1 - can't get gtkspell enabled

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.13.1 - can't get gtkspell enabled
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:43:12 -0700

On Monday 14 October 2002 06:52, Craig Hempenius wrote:
[]
> checking for gtkspell-2.0 >= 2.0.2... Package gtkspell-2.0 was not found in
> the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtkspell-2.0.pc'
> No package 'gtkspell-2.0' found
>

> I don't even see that I have a $PKG_CONFIG_PATH path defined on my system:
>
> address@hidden craig]# echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
>
> address@hidden craig]#
>

> My question is, How do I add the directory containing `gtkspell-2.0.pc'
> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable?

What shell are you using?  BASH, it appears?  On Mdk using BASH, look for the
~/.bash_profile file (the leading dot means it will be hidden unless you list
hidden files).  Put a line like

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=<path to the dir containing GTKSpell-2>

in it.

You can add any env. variable this way.  The export makes the variable
available to child processes.  Alternatively, you could add it to the system
file under /etc/.profile (IIRC).

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin