pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Mail Reader

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Mail Reader
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 08:04:34 -0700

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 12:30:51AM -0400, Ruben I Safir wrote:
> Any Chance of adding regular mail reading functionality to PAN?
>
> It's my favorite interface for messaging, especially the way it's
> cut and paste works when replying to messages.

By my count, Linux has at least six good-to-great mail clients:
Mutt, Sylpheed, KMail, Balsa, Pine, and especially Evolution.
IMO Evolution is becoming _The_ MUA and the others will be reduced
to picking over markets Evolution can't enter
(Mutt:Consle, Sylpheed:Lightweight, KMail:Religion).

If I really wanted to integrate mail and news -- which I might,
someday -- I'd probably drop Pan and work on adding Pan-like features
to Evolution.

cheers,
Charles