pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Group-specific rules? Mark Unread? Mark thread read? Cus

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Group-specific rules? Mark Unread? Mark thread read? Customised toolbars/menus?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:27:23 -0700

On Monday 21 October 2002 07:24, Paul Hudson wrote:
> How do I set a keyboard accelerator to mark an article unread? Selecting
> the menu entry and pressing the key combination as the FAQ suggests
> doesn't seem to do anything for me?

Try putting the following line in your gtkrc file.  (You may have several of
them, one for v1, one for v2, one that KDE exports if you have it set to
match Gnome/GTK apps to the KDE color scheme, etc.)  There should be one (at
least) hidden (thus, with a dot in front) in your home dir.  There should
also be a system-wide version in /usr/share/gtkrc/gtkrc, or something
similar, depending on your distrib.

gtk-can-change-accels = 1

Unfortunately, while that does seem to allow me to change them, the changes
don't seem to be stored anywhere, so every time I start a new PAN, I have to
set up my changes again.  The accels feature is part of GTK, not PAN itself,
but I am not sure who would be responsible for saving the list (in GTK/Gnome
1 is was them, not PAN, but with the new emphasis on cross-application Human
Interface guidelines in v2, that may have changed.)

> I'd like to add my voice to the request for making "virtual" newsgroups
> out of several newsfeeds.

I'm looking forward to that possibility as well.  However, it's going to be a
lot of work, and they are just starting to seriously discuss it (see other

Duncan
Benjamin Franklin