pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] UI Suggestion / possible bug in 0.13.2 (and probably ear

From: Gollum
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] UI Suggestion / possible bug in 0.13.2 (and probably earlier)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:47:46 +0100

John J. LeMay Jr. wrote:
> I tend to keep my group list pane quite narrow with groups abbreviated
> leaving more room in the message list pane for subject, author, and
> date fields. However, what I end up with is a very narrow Find: field
> in the group search.
> [...]
> Could the search fields be split from the group/message list panes and
> instead be a "tool bar" all to itself? The position doesn't need to
> change, I would just like the width of the search fields to not be
> tied to the width of the Group/Message lists. [...]

Because of the many ways the panes can be arranged, this may lead to the
group Find field being placed above the headers pane, and vice versa.

I'd rather prefer if the group Find field gets wrapped to a separate row
(i.e. apart from the Subscribed etc. selector) when the the width of the
group pane is below a certain minimum.

BTW, in order to get more room for the headers pane, I let the headers
pane fill the entire width at the top, while the other two share the
bottom.  I don't think it's a problem having to scroll the group pane.

Besides, switching to and from tabbed layout and toggling panes on and
off can be done very quickly.  But then the bug you mentioned can be a
bit annoying: