pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Different profiles

From: John LeMay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Different profiles
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:08:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Johan Ovlinger wrote:

> I'd like to keep two separate profiles for pan.  The most direct way
> would be to maintain two .pan directories, and allow me to select
> which one to use at startup with a cmd-line switch. Is there such a
> beast?
>
> The --help and --usage for 0.11.4 don't suggest anything. Is this
> present in 0.13.2?

Pan allows you to configure different "posting profiles" that let you set
different from and signature info in each. Pan also remembers which
profile you last posted to each newsgroup with and makes that profile the
default profile for that group. Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd
mention it.

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant