pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Single-click in 0.13.2.90

From: Rabbito
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Single-click in 0.13.2.90
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 08:15:27 -0800

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 05:51:21AM -0800, address@hidden wrote:
> > no, selecting a message by clicking on it, is needed when you want to
> > select a number of messages, or perform an operation on a message
> > without opening it (mark it read, etc).
> >
> > personally, I don't see how people do without it.
>
> Don't know about anyone else, but I don't do without it: that what the
> middle mouse button is for.

    Many mice have a roller for the middle mouse button and it's not
nearly as convenient to use as the left button.  Granted it works, but it
is an inferior solution to what previously existed.  Can the
functionality of the left and middle mouse buttons be switched for pan
and only pan?

> So, you can still do both: left=activate and middle=select. AFAIK, only
> the ability to customize was removed, giving a single interface, which IMO
> is a Good Thing.

    I don't agree that a single interface is a good thing when
functionality is compromised in it's creation.

--
Rabbito