pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Using all CPU ?

From: Daniel Rahn
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Using all CPU ?
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:44:42 +0100

Hi,

> I'm using the 13.2.91 RPM for SuSE from the homepage and pan looks
> good.
>
> But I have a problem. Lets say I have a group I'm reading. I've read
> the interesting posts, and then I hit "Mark group read". Works
> as I would suspect it would. But if I then choose "Delete group's
> articles" CPU usage goes up to 100 and pan hangs, it doesn't even
> repaint. 100% is confirmed by both by top and gkrellm. There seems to
> be no disk activity, since neither grellkm or the hard disk light
> indicate anything happening.
> I can duplicate this behavior on several different groups.

Since I cannot reproduce your problem here, some questions:

1. Did you update your SuSE Linux from a previous installation or did
you do a clean install?

2. Did you install all available updates for your SuSE Linux?

greets,

Daniel Rahn

--

SuSE Linux AG                      |        phone: +49 (0) 911 74053 351
Enterprise Support Services        |        fax:   +49 (0) 911 74053 674