pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Conceptual problems with the "watch" feature.

From: Gollum
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Conceptual problems with the "watch" feature.
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:03:55 +0100

Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> Could somebody please explain what is the rationale behind Pan's
> "watch thread" feature?

I find it very useful for marking interesting threads, so I can:
- Easily see if there are new replies to interesting threads.
- Return to the thread later if I haven't got the time to read it now.

> In my experience, I choose to download only the headers for most
> groups. But very often I find a thread which is particularly
> interesting, and want to tell Pan to automatically download BODIES for
> the FUTURE followups of that thread----while continuing to download
> only the headers for the other threads.

Just watching a thread doesn't download anything.
To download new followups, you first need to create a custom filter for
watched threads with new messages, then create a rule using that filter
for downloading bodies.