pan-users

Re: OT: Re: [Pan-users] Click on URL in a post??

From: Eric Ortega
Subject: Re: OT: Re: [Pan-users] Click on URL in a post??
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:13:58 -0800

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:51:16PM -0700, Duncan wrote:

> Interesting...  I'm working on perl now...

perl will forever be your friend.

> As for the boot and rescue disks, I have them around too (in this case, both
> on floppy, and as part of the original install CDs which also work as
> bootable rescue disks), but was a bit proud of the fact that I didn't have to
> resort to them.

There's a fine line between learning and masochism.  :)

> After that, I realized I could use sed in a PAN starter script as well.

Sweet.

ObPan:  I believe the maximum number of per-server connections is
hard-coded into the preferences dialog with a max of four.  Is there much
logic behind this?  Way back in the day I used to tweak this in one of the
Pan config files to eight or so, but I had the same problem that Duncan had
in that everytime I went to the configs it would revert.  I did not get so
sly as to write a script like he did and just went with max four.  Why
four?  Is it a good newsreader thing?