pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Mark Thread Read/Unread

From: Bobby D. Bryant
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Mark Thread Read/Unread
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:48:55 -0600

On 2002.12.19 00:40:19 -0600 Gollum wrote:

BTW, what do you think about operations on subthreads:
- Mark subthread read/unread (possible today with D M)
- Watch subthread (currently impossible)
- Ignore subthread (currently impossible)

A good while back I asked about support for sub-threads. It would be very nice to be able to set up a bozo filter that says "ignore sub-threads headed by this bozo's posts".

There are some insane (literally) and/or anti-social people in talk.origins and I normally 'ignore' all the threads they start. But I can't just ignore any thread they post to, because they sometimes post to good threads that someone else started. An "ignore subthread" that could be invoked by a filter is something I've wanted for a long time.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas