pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Messages require multiple clicking to view

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Messages require multiple clicking to view
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 02:20:06 +0000

About one out of every 5 times I click on a post, I get a red X to the
left (instead of a letter) and the post won't come up in the Body pane. I can then either right-click on message and choose Read or click off the message and reclick it, and the message will generally come up.

Why does this happen?

  Hold ctl and press t   , start the task manager.  The red X means FAIL.

And what does the red X mean? I assumed that it meant the message

isn't available on the server, but many of the messages that come up

fine have the red X.

  You assume correctly, I have the same thing occur to me, but I didn't
know if it was: my server, pan Ver. 0.11.4,  or me.
I don't know why I get 4 or 12 or 35 % of a message and then it fails.
Almost always, I re-cueue it and get it without further incident.
Occasionally I have to recueue it over and over to get it.
I use a cable ISP, I delete all articles and get ALL new articles,
and still have a few fail, they are in the header file, but have been
removed from the server.
--
       73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron address@hidden
    100% Slack. since July, 1997 (still free!) SENT D&T are UTC