pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Signatures?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Signatures?
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:24:42 -0700

On Wed 22 Jan 2003 10:17, Tim Kynerd posted as excerpted below:
> On Wednesday 22 January 2003 17:58, Søren Boll Overgaard wrote:
> > ons, 2003-01-22 kl. 16:07 skrev Tim Kynerd:
> > > Pan doesn't seem to automatically add my .signature to my posts. Is
> > > there a way to configure it to do this?
> >
> > What version of pan are you using?
> > If I recall correctly, the latest pan beta has problems with
> > .signatures(?).
>
> Oops, sorry, forgot to mention that! 0.13.0 (the rpm supplied with SuSE
> 8.1 Professional).

0.13.0 should work.  However, there's a trick to it.  The preferences sig slot
is designed to take an executable, not just a text file.  This is to allow
"fortune cookie" type sig generators to work.  However, for those of us that
never set  such a thing up or simply prefer a static sig line, it is a bit
non-intuitive.  What I did is simply put cat as the executable, followed by
the sig text file, just as I would use cat on the command line to display the
file.  That worked fine here, well, until the bug in the latest beta, anyway.
<g>

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin