pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan email snag

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan email snag
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 02:11:41 -0700

On Sat 01 Mar 2003 14:01, Brian Morrison posted as excerpted below:
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 13:27:19 -0700 in
> address@hidden Duncan <address@hidden>
>
> wrote:
> > On Sat 01 Mar 2003 12:12, Brian Morrison posted as excerpted below:
> > > Reply-To cannot be harvested using XOVER
> >
> > Hmm..  Learn something new every day..  Thanks for the observation!
>
> Try it, look at the headers sent when XOVER is used, Reply-To: is not
> one of them.

It makes sense that it wouldn't be.  I know the exotic ones aren't, only
basically what a standard header pane shows, the ones needed to identify the
message in human terms, just as the msg-id and server group message sequence
number identify it in machine terms, but I just hadn't thought about it b4
(and haven't had occasion to get THAT intimately familiar with it).

I was under the impression, however, that some news daemon software is
configurable in that regard, however, and that some servers DO send such
headers, if they've been configured to do so..  IOW, I thought it was
optional, altho it would be rare, and some daemon software wouldn't include
the option.  True, or are the x-over headers set in stone?  Maybe I'm getting
mixed up with another optional request?  As I said, I haven't had occasion to
get THAT into it, and what I know has been picked up from news and now this
list, comments.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin