pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.91 -- scoring and colorizing.

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.13.91 -- scoring and colorizing.
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 22:59:05 +0100

Bobby D. Bryant wrote:
>   o Are the custom filters going to go away when scoring is working to
> your satisfaction?

I really hope not.  I find the custom filters very useful, and I can't
see how scoring is going to replace that.  (Or have I missed something?)

One of the main points of custom filtering is being able to quickly
switch between different filtering sets.

For instance, I normally use a filter that shows only threads with new
articles plus watched threads with unread articles.  Sometimes I do
however wish to read articles I've read previously, so I have to turn
that filter off.

Other times I'd like to view only articles with certain words in the
header.  For instance, the Pan developers might find it useful to filter
out all articles not containing "pan" in the subject, but a set of
scoring rules that does this permanently will make it cumbersome viewing
other articles.