pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan filters

From: Paul Hudson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan filters
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:37:22 -0000

Brad Sims wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 March 2003 02:52 pm, Mark Derricutt wrote:
>
>> This only seems to score -my post- to 9999, not any replies in the
>> thread, which is "correct", as the score system is only scoring
>> per-message, I think what I'm after, is to -also- automatically
>> create a new score, based on the subject of this newly scored post.
>> Which is doesn't seem to (be able to) do.
>
> Score on refernces is what you want if you want to score followups to
> your own post:
>
> Look at your message id for regex-able parts.

Not quite enough, though. This is also very useful for proper bozo/troll
filtering - kill the troll's articles and all responses to them. They may
not have a regexpable message ID (the particular one I have in mind uses a
major ISP here in the UK and has nothing to distinguish his message ID from
other people who use that ISP).

So I'd also like the ability to add (in my case) a kill to all articles that
reference (References:) the one that caused this score rule to match.

P.