pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Spellchecking

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Spellchecking
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:47:34 -0700

On Wed 26 Mar 2003 19:33, Charles Kerr posted as excerpted below:
> > I didn't find the current setup that hard to install.
> > Maybe I am just wierd or something.  <g>
>
> You're in the minority.  The root problem is that RPM is not,
> shall we say, aging well.  The people defending Pan in the c.o.l.a
> thread seem to all be using Gentoo, Debian, or some other non-RPM
> distro.

I am assuming Mdk 9.1 comes with 0.5x, since it's been in cooker for some
time?  I do know once I got 0.5x from cooker installed here, all my spelling
problems magically disappeared!  It installed just great, and yes, Mdk is an
RPM distrib.  Absolutely no complaints with it here, after that.  (I agree,
b4 that, getting it all working and keeping it that way was HORRID!!)
Thus, I guess I'm saying if I was posting over there, I'd be backing up PAN as
well, even from RPM based Mdk.  The 0.5x versions from Mdk are GREAT!

BTW, I'm using it w/ both mail (KMail) and news (PAN, of course).  No problems
here.  As they say, it "just works".

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin