pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.96 "You appear to be in death, comrade."

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.96 "You appear to be in death, comrade."
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:51:54 -0700

On Wed 23 Apr 2003 16:23, Christophe Lambin posted as excerpted below:
> Tarballs are up. Binaries are appreciated.

>         April 24, 2003 - New Release:
>         0.13.96 - "You appear to be in death, comrade."
>         http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/releases/0.13.96/

There's a bug in the tarball.  It appears to be new to .96

When I run ./configure, I get a warning about the script "missing" (an actual
file called "missing", not a file that isn't there) not including the --run
parameter.

I compared the configure and missing files from .95 with .96.  Both configures
include a call to "missing --run", but the "missing" script in the .96
tarball doesn't include that parameter.

Running the "missing" script (part of a GNU utilities package, it appears)
with the -v (version) option produces for .95:

missing 0.4 - GNU automake

for .96:

missing - GNU libit 0.0

The .95 included one from automake includes the --run parameter as called by
configure.  The .96 included one from libit doesn't.

As my system was already configured for the compile from .95, and that error
isn't fatal, the configure completed and I successfully compiled and
installed.  However, I suspect that if <whatever> had been missing or the
wrong version or whatever, the error message .configure spit out might not
have been correct.  I didn't, however, look into the script further, to see
just what the damage might be..

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin