pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 - attempted fix of the "freeze when connection is l

From: Rinaldi J. Montessi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 - attempted fix of the "freeze when connection is lost
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:34:01 -0400

Alberto BARSELLA wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 12 May 2003 at 02:00:08PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

I must say; yesterday before I applied the patch it had froze again. But its been running since i applied the patch with no problem

props!

As I said in my early post, I'm not 100% sure of the way that data is
received.  I've been running the patched version for some days without
noticing any increase in corrupt downloads, but please keep an eye on
that.

Recompiled with your patch and tested it on some heavy downloads. While the sockets do wake up after going to sleep (the intended purpose) I have had a couple of segfaults. No data corruption, however.

I do get the occasional "Error reading from socket" message in my log.

Any pertinent data I can provide?

Rinaldi