pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 - attempted fix of the "freeze when connection is l

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.14 - attempted fix of the "freeze when connection is lost
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 22:22:43 +0200

Charles Kerr [13/05/03 07:43 -0700]:

> Attached is the patch I committed, if anyone wants to test it out.

I played around with this somewhat and found Pan more sluggish in reading
articles. Most likely enabling NONBLOCKING causes the first call to
g_io_channel_read_line() to miss the data coming back from the server, causing
a 1 second delay in the article being received.

Using g_usleep(G_USEC_PER_SEC/10) and setting
MAX_CONSECUTIVE_FAILED_OPERATIONS to 600 makes Pan more responsive.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Christophe