pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Readability suggestion. Feature request.

From: Maurizio Colucci
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Readability suggestion. Feature request.
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 14:57:22 +0200

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 12:28, Duncan wrote:
> I like it as is.  To do it otherwise would be needlessly confusing and
> coding to no good reason,

Hello,

It came to me that I did not mention the most important reason why
this should be implemented.

Suppose you are taking part in a discussion in a thread. You first
read all replies, thus marking the messages read.  Then you decide to
reply to those messages which were replies to your posts.  So, you
need to know whether someone has replied to your message.

What you do is scan the thread for the pattern:

   your-name
        someone-else-s-name
           ... (not your-name)

(notice the indentation).

This  is impossible it all the names are equally aligned.

In other words, in pan it is very difficult to locate the posts:

1. that are replies to some post of yours;
2. to which you have not yet replied.

(unless I am missing some wonderful pan's feature).

Thanks for info,

Maurizio