pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request: Ignored threads

From: John Aldrich
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature Request: Ignored threads
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:55:17 -0400

On Thursday 05 June 2003 02:43 pm, Torstein Sunde wrote:
> John Aldrich wrote:
> > I would like to propose that messages in "ignored" threads are marked
> > as "read" immediately upon downloading or otherwise removed from the
> > "unread articles" count.
>
> I think it should be possible to define a rule that does this.  First
> you need to define a custom filter for ignored threads.  Then you select
> this filter in the "Rules" dialogue, and select "Mark as"+"Read" under
> actions.  I haven't tried this myself, so I won't guarantee it's working
> as intended.

Nope. Don't think so. At least I just looked and didn't see any way to set it
so that the filter would ONLY catch "ignored" posts. I saw one that would
catch all posts that were AT LEAST "ignored." But I saw no way to tell it to
ONLY catch ignored posts... Then again, I'm not that familiar with the
"scorefile" system....
        John