pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.14.0.90: Message cleared when responding to group

From: Nicolas Girard
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.14.0.90: Message cleared when responding to group
Date: 11 Jul 2003 13:24:47 +0200

Le ven 11/07/2003 à 13:05, Jan De Luyck a écrit :
> On Friday 11 July 2003 11:50, Nicolas Girard wrote:
> > This is a new bug, #117187
> >
> > Scenario:
> >   * select a message in the header pane
> >   * choose 'respond to group'
> >      a window appears, containing the original message commented-out
> >      as a reply
> >   * start writing some text
> >   * select another profile in the 'From:' list
> >
> >   --> the text beeing edited is cleared.
>
> Hmm. I can't say that I can reproduce this: the only thing that will be
> changed is your signature - if any is set. Otherwise the signature is just
> erased.
>
> If you are editing below the signature seperator, then that text will be
> changed/cleared, ofcourse.
>
> Jan

I have to precise one point: i often reply *above* the original message.
Not that it's always the preferred way, but it makes sense in some
cases. For instance, i often browse mailing-lists archives with google ;
and as you know, google only displays the beginning of the messages,
which makes it very boring to follow an entire thread where all people
replied below the original message and this orignal message was long.

So I guess Pan doesn't expect this behaviour, which is arguably quite
sensible, at least in some cases.

Nicolas