Re: [Pan-users] Next new message

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Next new message
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:18:17 -0700

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 09:46:39AM +0200, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> On Friday 25 July 2003 08:15, Guy Rouillier wrote:
> >  I don't want to hide all non-new headers, since
> > often I'll see an article of interest close by a new header.  Thanks for
> > any pointers.
> Very nice. With this simple statement, you destroyed some of the clever and
> innovative Pan's architectural assumptions. :-)

Yes, adding `read next new article' would take ... hmm, three lines of C code.
I don't know how Pan will ever recover. :)

> <troll-mode>
> Agent, a x-year old product, is still much more usable than pan. I'm still
> waiting for the watched feature and the indented author names.
> </troll-mode>

<flame on>
Yep, two or three times a year people like you show up -- people who
think Wine's too slow, want nothing more than Forte to port to Linux,
and think bitching will make me want to spend my late hours writing
a feature-by-feature clone of Agent.  Agent's good, but slrn is *much*
better, and KNode, XNews, Gravity, and Dialog are all worth stealing
from too.  So, no, Pan will *never* be the Agent clone you want.
If you can't deal with that then go get a faster PC, a newer version
of Wine, and buzz off.
<flame off>

That said, holds the
indented user names request, and I'm undecided whether to put it in
0.14.1 or punt it.  Polite users are encouraged to add comments in bugzilla.