pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] .94 weirdness with detecting attachments

From: Chris Petersen
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] .94 weirdness with detecting attachments
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:29:37 -0700

> Just had a thought about this: how many lines are in the parts that
> incorrectly get flagged as text?

Now that you ask, I can't find any (and I may have been wrong about them
showing up as non-attachment articles).  The more prevalent bug is that
a binary post is being broken up into lots of "incomplete" binary
posts...

As far as I can tell, this is only happening with incomplete posts, but
I haven't looked too deeply.  Anyway, instead of having one incomplete,
containing parts 15-20, there are 6 individual "incomplete" articles..
though in many binary groups, this is more like 50 (multiply that by 30
parts in a post, and that's a lot of space being taken up on the
screen).  Just look at alt.binaries.scvd for lots of examples.

But speaking of line numbers, I've also noticed some inconsistencies
there.  There are a number of 0- or 10-line posts (sometimes other
numbers, too, but all REALLY low) that have 50-150k of image data in
them.  Not that Pan can do much about it, but it's annoying.

-Chris