pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Editor wraps my beautiful ascii art when sending

From: Wolf J. Flywheel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Editor wraps my beautiful ascii art when sending
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:37:23 -0400

On Friday 19 September 2003 14:21, Douglas Bollinger wrote:

> Eh?  Why don't you leave word-wrapping off via the menu.  Actually, I
> have it off by default and only turn it on via a keypress if someone
> really garbles their message.  I like that it's aggressive, because if
> I'm using it at all the post is really difficult to read otherwise.

        I usually do leave it off.  However, I'd rather leave it *on* by
default,
so that I don't have to know when some goober is posting with
256-character lines.  :)  However, as long as it continues to wrap quoted
text, signatures, and short lines, I'll leave it off and just hit W when
I need it.  (Of course, when I do that, it stays on until the end of the
session, so sometime later I have to hit it again when I find that a
message is unreadable due to wrapping.)

        BTW, nice quote in your signature... I approve!  :)  Here's hoping it
was
your good taste instead of "fortune"...

--
// Carl Hudkins :: Jabber address@hidden :: PGP 50238D9E