pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Problem with filtering

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Problem with filtering
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 19:31:40 +0200

Edith Gross wrote:

> When I try to find the headers in a newsgroup (a.b.s.m.classical) that
>
> contain the word 'Richter' nothing happens (though I get the message
> 'filtering...'. When I look for the word 'Beethoven' I get the right
> resul immediately.

I've seen similar behaviour when trying Pan 0.14.2 on a computer with
Windows 2000.  I haven't seen it on Linux.

On Windows, I think the problem became less frequent (from always/almost
always to often/sometimes) after upgrading GTK+ from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4.

Last time (with GTK+ 2.2.4) I also observed another app (a compiler)
freezing while Pan was stuck filtering.  When I terminated Pan, the
other app was running again.