pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: REGEX in Subject?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: REGEX in Subject?
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 07:13:53 -0700

Nathan Morell posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:08:53 -0500:

> Could there be a way to put a regex into the subject? I'd like to load a
> very large group and only look at a few things, ie: Post1|Post2|Post3

I assume you must mean the find box, because both filtering and scoring
allow regex?  Thus, I'd suggest using one of those, if you need regex.
One can then invoke the filter from the filter menu, if desired, or you
could create a rule based on the negated version of it to delete the other
messages.  A similar approach could be taken using scoring, then sorting
by score, or simply setting a watch on the desired posts or ignore on all
the others.

OTOH, in the example you gave, anyway, simply putting "Post" in the find
line should do what you want, tho of course you might get some other stuff
as well.

Benjamin Franklin