pan-users

[Pan-users] Bold Header Pane

From: Vigil
Subject: [Pan-users] Bold Header Pane
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:25:49 +0100 (BST)

It appears Pan bolds the headers of new unread messages in the current session.
As a result, I cannot distinguish between new unread messages that I have
already seen (not read) in the header pane, and those that I have not (those
that are REALLY new).

For example, I load Pan and look in the alt.os.linux.slackware group to see
anything what's new. I read some messages, and close Pan. I open Pan later and
look in alt.uk.law. The new messages here, that I have not seen, half of them
are bold and half are not. Those that aren't bold are still new to me, but
because they aren't bold, I assume that I have looked at this group before and
noted them already and dismissed them as uninteresting or whatever. The bold
ones are new only to this session, even though I never looked in this newsgroup
the last session, and all new messages since before then ought to be bold.

There should be distinction, or rather, Pan should not mark a group as having
been seen until it has actually been clicked on and seen, since I don't read
every group every time I open Pan.

If you catch my drift.

--

.