pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Weird posting behavior in 0.14.2

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Weird posting behavior in 0.14.2
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:36:13 -0400

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:31:57 -0700, Eric Ortega wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 04:52:43PM -0400, Beartooth wrote:
>>
>>      When I type a post -- either a new one or a followup afaik  -- Pan tends
>>      o swallow a letter or two -- like this -- and then put it in front of my
>> cursor, so that it keeps getting pushed further to the right, while my
>> next line begins with a word missing its beginning. t
>
> I get this also.  It's bizarre.  It's probably a GTK thing, or whatever
> it is that provides the editing interface.

        Fwiw, I'm noticing now that the number of letters getting pushed seems
        vary a little; if I happen to be typing fast enough when it hits the
line
        break, I *think* I've seen it happen with two or three. I can't swear;
        maybe all I'm seeing is the number that get in before I pause. But it
        makes me wonder if the trouble might be in some buffer or timer
somewhere.