pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] top posting

From: Meat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] top posting
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:59:50 -0400

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:23:37 -0400, you wrote:

>To: PAN Users Group <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: [Pan-users] top posting
>From: "Carl L. Gilbert" <address@hidden>
>Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:23:37 -0400
>
>On Sun, 2003-10-19 at 11:16, Torstein Sunde wrote:
>> Carl L. Gilbert wrote:
>>
>> > Is their a way to get PAN to shut up about top posting?  Can PAN be
>> > made to simply read news and leave the politics out?
>>
>> This has been discussed here before.  See these threads:
>>   http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2003-08/msg00157.html
>>   http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2002-09/msg00203.html

>Thanks, as expected just a bunch of lame excuses about "specifications"
>and "find another reader."  People try to phrase it kindly, but who is
>fooled by that?
>
>This rant is of course not directed to you as a reply.
>
>Every problem I have with PAN so far has been to meet this stupid spec.
>Guess I shouldn't complain about PAN, but about the spec and who wrote
>it.
>
>I just want the "option" to turn the warning off.  I'm surprised that
>PAN would loose points with such an option.  Heck even a command line
>option would be nice.

I requested this once and was told to rewrite the code myself :) Since
I am just a "user" and not a "programmer, that advise was ludicrous. I
think I'm going to unsub from this list, it's not too "user friendly"
LOL. Mayber there is a Pan forum that IS actually for users and people
in the forum are willing to listen and help?