pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] VDQ : What to save?

From: .b e.
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] VDQ : What to save?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 05:07:02 +0000

well if you've written your account details down you probably dont need to save any files. its impossible to do both upgrades simultaneously so tar/copy your ~home dir to the other drive.

on the other hand if you have a cdburner download cdrecord if you havent got it & try this
substituting;
/path2files with the location of your home directory (specifically the ~.pan)
dev=1,0,0    with the cdburner bus location, from  #cdrecord --scanbus

mkisofs -R /path2files | cdrecord -v fs=6m dev=1,0,0 gracetime=2 -multi -force -overburn -

good luck

I run two hard drives, one most of the time with RH9, and one occasionally
with RH8. I'm looking to upgrade one of them to Fedora, and the other,
probably, to RHEL/PW.

What files do I need to copy to floppies? (I keep hoping for a linux
distro simple-minded enough to enable me to burn CDs ...) Will there be a
problem with any of them being too big to go on one floppy? And if so,
what then?