pan-users

RE: [Pan-users] RE: suggestions for large groups

From: .b e.
Subject: RE: [Pan-users] RE: suggestions for large groups
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 20:05:30 +1300

i second that, having a small cache may have worked fine in 1993 but these days its next to useless. and its not just binaries groups either, when you get a thread with a few hundred posts in it where people insist on posting to the bottom of a message and retaining all that has gone before you soon find yourself with a lot of broken threads.

now i've got that off my chest i can get on with 2004 :)

cheers
bruce

When browsing alt.binaries.pictures.wallpaper, for example, I would click
on say 5 walls to display (so they'd all load nearly simultaneously), and
when they were all downloaded, if I was lucky there'd be 4 left in the
cache...

Not the way to go for me, that's for sure ;)

--
Lenroc

Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access — limited time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup